Let’s talk about Pinterest. Sometimes I will forget it exists for weeks, and then sometimes I’ll go on a binge in which I flood my followers’ feeds with pictures of quilts (sorry, Lauren!), forget to eat because I’ve read too many recipes, and view an inordinate number of cat photos (which I mostly don’t repin, of course. That would just get embarassing).
Here’s what I learned from Pinterest this week:
- If you look at the bottom of a bell pepper, you can find out its gender. Four bumps = female, which are best for eating fresh/raw. Three bumps = male, which are best for cooking. I tested this out and it appears to be true.
- If you yell “Andy’s coming!” in front of the Toy Story characters at Disney, they will stop what they’re doing and drop. Brilliant.
- Elephants are awesome. Also turtles. And this dog.
- People do funny things for the sake of beauty. Cases in point: a pore-cleanser that involves applying glue to one’s face, and a self-tanner that involves rubbing oneself with coffee grounds. Hmm.
- Somebody made a dachshund out of a banana. I’m pretty glad this exists in the world.
Now get off Pinterest and go do something in real life. Not the glue-on-face thing, though. I don’t endorse that.